Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Camping for Labor day weekend


Now days almost every picture of Samantha holds a peace sign and a funny face.

We brought our bikes.



I have a picture of myself with this same smile when I was little.




We had a fun camping neighbor who gave Cloie a penny whistle.





One of the funnest things about the place was the butterflies. There were many butterflies and they kept landing on Keagan. They must of sensed his gentle spirit. Keagan said "Can I keep this one mom? Not to take home but to come back and see it next year?" Kyler tried to get them to land on him, but we all know that he can't be still very long and he eventually said "I hate butterflies" and went around trying to shoot them with a squirt gun.

Kyler and I had an interesting conversation on the way home. Because I watched Maddox I drove separately and so on the way home Kyler rode in the car with me. I asked him him what he thought he might like to do for work when he gets older. He said "Is there a job where you kill animals?" I told him I didn't think so. He decided in the end that he wants to be a cop on the water for a job. he wants to work where his dad works for work so they can see each other although he doesn't have any clue what his dad does and then for a hobby he would like to be a hunter. He wanted to shoot bald eagles and I had to explain that The bald eagle was a national bird and that he couldn't kill one.

That brings up a story from our Utah camping vacation that has to do with protected birds. Kyler asked Mike, "Dad, I want to kill a bird and eat it." Mike said in jest "ok Kyler, if you can kill a bird you can eat it."
(knowing he probably wouldn't be able to catch one.) After a while of visiting we look around and see Kyler very intensely watching seagulls, getting close to them and throwing rocks. Mike called him and had to take back his words explaining that the seagulls were a state bird and he would get in trouble if he killed one. I really don't know where he gets it because he hasn't been exposed to any hunting that I know of. Hmmm.

No comments: