Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hi

I haven't felt much like blogging since my brother passed away. Something about throwing my feelings out there for cyber world, or for myself, or for the few people who read this (one of whom used to be Darren) didn't seem like something I could tackle. I was wondering if blogging was something I wanted to continue doing because I could just record things in a journal or a file for my own personal record and then there was no risk involved. Looking at my personal journal I'm not really keeping up with that one either. I then read my friends blog one day and she had shared her beautiful testimony of the gospel and it uplifted and strengthened me when I really needed it. I was inspired to share despite the risk. When I finally felt like recording some things It seemed so overwhelming to record all the important events or little moments that I wanted not to be forgotten between December and now that I shrugged it off then too. A lot of good that did me. So maybe the last 7 months will be lost to the journal of my blog or maybe I will take some baby steps and post a little at a time but here is a start.

I know that the gospel has been restored to to the earth. I know that we have a living prophet who leads and guides us with inspired direction from God. I know that I will see Darren again some day. Even with that knowledge It doesn't make it easy to go through trials. I know that the atonement is the only thing that can take away the sting and help us through the things we don't understand.
I know with all my heart that I am a daughter of God and that he loves me and wants me to be happy. I know that Jesus Christ came to earth to show us the way to live and he died and suffered for my sins that we might live again.
I know that when Darren passed away the first place I wanted to be was in the temple. I know there is a peace there that surpasses anywhere else on earth. I know that because of the sealing ordinance performed in the temple I can be with my family forever. It is such a blessing to know this. The second place I wanted to be is with my family.
I know that when we follow the commandments it brings us joy. We are given challenges and mountains to climb to make us better and stronger and the Lord blesses us with moments in time and people to lift us that you just know were sent for you. I'm so lucky to have seven of these special people in my own little family. "Little!?" you say? Well, I just know that each one of them is a great blessing in my life and I learn so much from them.

3 comments:

kerry said...

Thank you for your sweet testimony! The trials we go through can strengthen us, and others. I know that you are a strength to me. I especially love what you said about wanting to be in the temple. So true!!

Melissa said...

It's early in the morning, I can't sleep, and I haven't checked blogs in months, so I thought this would make a nice time. So glad I did. Thanks for sharing your testimony! And so sorry for your loss. I am actually going to a funeral of a good friend today and reading your testimony was a tender mercy.
And maybe I missed something, but did you say, 7?

The Barrett's said...

Thanks for your post. What a beautiful family. Hope to see everyone soon.