Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Samantha's Birthday























Samantha turned 9 on January 22nd and for the last two years we wanted to do a party for her with friends and we either had company or kids were sick and it was just too much. This year I said "no matter what."
Grammy and Grandad were visiting on her birthday so we planned a party the week before with friends. She loves Salsa and chips, Skittles, and jump rope so that is what we did. It was fun to see her double dutch. We also played spin the bottle with fingernail polish and when it landed on you, you had to paint your fingernail that color. We played a little Chinese jump rope and jammed to the music. I made that cup cakes in ice cream cones. I made a cake too but I didn't finish it so we sang to her later with the family.
On her actual birthday I made strawberry shortcake and we were out of vanilla so it was orange/maple flavor. That was interesting. I don't think it tasted as bad as it sounds.

2 comments:

Kiran said...

Is it my imagination or do you keep getting PRETTIER??? You look stunning in the picture of you and Sam. Happy Birthday Sam!

Parker Family said...

Love all the new posts.