Anika absolutely loved the turkey. She and my dad became instant friends as he carved the turkey and kept sneaking her pieces. I really don't know if she ate anything else.
Kaylee and Cloie doing pinkie promise. The kids had fun playing with Aunt Kaylee. She took the girls on bike rides and played basketball. She made the basketball team at school. Wahoo!
Kyler with a broken arm and the gun Grandma and Grandpa baught him for his birthday.
Monika in the purple and friend Alex.
My family came for Thanksgiving. Mom, Dad, Kaylee, and Monika drove down on Wednesday and picked up Grandma Dernoll. Monika is a foreign exchange student from Slovakia staying with my parents. We were able to meet for the first time. Grandma Dernoll is someone my Dad taught the gospel to on his mission and we call her and consider her to be a grandma. My brother Darren also came and brought his friend Benjamin whom he works with. We also surprised Monika with a friend from Slovakia who came to visit. Alex happens to be an exchange student staying in Kiran's ward here in Queen Creek. I think it was fun for them to meet and talk Slovak.
While cooking turkey and preparing the dinner, the kids were outside playing and Kyler fell off the monkey bars. He broke his arm. A closed fracture of the lower radius. I was slightly distracted with the dinner as Mike told me that he thought it was broken and he took him to the doctor with my dad. I had three thoughts one being here we go again, because we have had three broken bones before with Samantha and Keagan. My second thought was why couldn't he have been climbing the tree that I keep telling him not to climb because he is going to fall and break something. My third thought was poor little guy.
When he came home from the doctor and was able to get some pain meds in his system he didn't feel the pain anymore and he came to me and whispered in my ear that he was all better. I said I don't think so. He said "How many more minutes do I have to wear this?" (splint) When I explained that he will have to wear it at least until Christmas and I showed him on the calendar, he cried.
3 comments:
Poor Kyler! there is NEVER a dull moment in you house huh? sorry Amy! I great thanksgiving otherwise at least!
This is a great post, it felt like I was right there with ya'. In all the action. Your Christams card turned out so beautiful.
I'm gratefull that your family got to come down for Thanksgiving. It sounds like you had a good time. Except for Kyler. I love him with a Giant Mountain on top!
Post a Comment