Sunday, December 14, 2008

Garage sale,Mike's embarrassed, and Christmas lights

Kyler started a garage sale in his room during nap time and Keagan and Samantha joined in by making signs. They had a great time playing and we thought that it was cute enough to share. I can't believe I paid twenty dollars for a book even pretending. Ha Ha. We love to go to garage sales.

I successfully embarrassed Mike yesterday by asking the Sales clerk at Home Depot if they had quilting clamps. He said "don't say quilting in the hardware store." He then asked the clerk if they had metal clamps. I guess Mike knew where they were he was just taking his time getting to them.

We have been enjoying the Christmas season and we like to drive around and see other people's lights. Every year we plan on getting some lights up ourselves and it hasn't happened the last two years. Mike told me that when he was a kid he thought that people who didn't put lights up were "retards" (strong word). I guess we fall into that category again.

5 comments:

The Sadlers said...

quilting claps...Mel would have been embarrased as well. Or would have just made fun of me. ;-) Your kids are so creative. i am empressed that they organized it and even made a house. Your baby is growing up so fast!

Grammy said...

oh,I really miss being there to watch the wonderful things my talented and creative grandchildren do!!! The sale was wonderful and the fact that they all worked together to do it made me so proud!!! I love you all!! See you soon!

Becky, Matt And Colton said...

What a great idea, you guys are so smart!! Too bad I wasn't there for the yard sale, I would have bought something, I love yard sales. Can't wait to see you all! Love ya

Natalie Lundberg said...

How cute to play garage sale! I would love to get out of all this snow and visit you guys in AZ (maybe I'll ask santa)

Becky, Matt And Colton said...

The cupboard in the front room is dad's gun cabinet, dad built the little swing in front so that Colton could swing on it.